Blaster Engine 3D: "An Open-Source 2D/3D Graphics Engine & App Development Framework for Android using Java and Open GL ES 2.0 (Mobile GPU Acceleration)"
Over 5,000+ Downloads (since 2016/2017)
Blaster Engine 3D is a 2D/3D Graphics Engine & App Development Framework for the Android operating system using Java. The purpose of the engine is to build ultra-fast graphic-intensive 2D or 3D apps for Android devices using mobile GPU acceleration. The engine supports Open GL ES 3.0 and OpenGL ES 2.0 with programmable shaders. The engine features an optimized 3D Model OBJ parser designed to parse 3D model files with large poly counts (assuming the phone hardware can support it). It is free and open-source.
An open-source 3D graphics engine and 2D app development framework for the Google Android Operating System using Open GL ES 3.0, Open GL ES 2.0, Android Studio (Java) and Android SDK featuring Mobile Hardware Acceleration, Universal Game Object Hierarchy, and Stage-Based Pipeline Software Architecture.
- 2D/3D Graphics Engine for Android OS with support for OpenGL ES 3.0, Open GL ES 2.0 for Mobile Phones and released for Android 7.0 (Nougat) and Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- GPU hardware acceleration supporting Open GL ES 3.0 (with Dynamic Lighting Model and Light Mapping support) and Open GL ES 2.0 (with Multiple Lighting Support)
- Use Blaster Engine for your own 2D or 3D games or Apps for Android
- Fast frame-rates for 2D and 3D Apps with GPU hardware acceleration
- Fast asset loading times (for bitmaps and sprites) with GPU hardware acceleration
- High-resolution 2D textures (720p) with GPU hardware acceleration
- Intuitive to understand engine architecture (The Game Object Design Hiearchy)
- Featuring software scalable resolutions (up to max resolution of hardware)
- Easy to extend GUI classes for your own custom GUI components
- Isolation between engine code and game code
- Android OS layer is completely hidden from game logic
- Optimized 3D Model (OBJ) Parser to parse 3D model files with more polys more efficiently (i.e. less asset loading times on mobile phones / ~ 5 sec for 20k poly 3D models)
- Programmable shaders for user custom lighting effects via Open GL ES 2.0
III. SAMPLE SCREENSHOTS2D Graphical User Interface
IV. MOTIVATION: You are able to develop ultra-fast graphic-intensive 2D Apps or 3D Apps for the Android operating system in Java without being bogged down by details of the Android operating system (the Android layer being completely separated from the game logic layer). 2D graphics are rendered with blistering speed as the engine takes advantage of GPU acceleration on the smartphone's graphic card (via OpenGL ES 2.0). Achieving at least 50/60 frames per second for your game is realistic with Blaster Engine!
V. USER DOCUMENTATION:The user documentation for Blaster Engine can be found here.
VI. DOWNLOAD: (Last Update - Sept 27, 2018)
- Android 8.0, 7.0 version for Android Studio
- Android 6.0.0 version for Android Studio
- Android 5.0.1 for Java Eclipse
Download the latest Blaster Engine 3D. The RAR file contains the Android Studio workspace (Android 7.0 Download version) and the Java Eclipse workspace (Android Studio 6.0 Download version). It is released as open-source so feel free to use it for your own mobile games or apps. You can extend the game object classes for your own customized game objects or unique GUI elements.
View the Blaster Engine 3D user documentation for a step-by-step guide on how to use the engine for your own game or App.
Blaster Engine 2D: This is a 2D software rendering version of our Blaster Engine 3D graphics engine supporting Android 6 and Android 7 SDK. Download for free today!
View the Blaster Engine 2D user documentation for a step-by-step guide on how to use the engine for your own game or App.
Blaster Engine 2D Hybrid: This is a 2D software rendering version of our Blaster Engine 3D graphics engine supporting both software rendering and GPU hardware accereleration using Android 7 SDK. Develop faster apps utilizing Android 7's hardware accelerated application model. Download today!
View the Blaster Engine 2D Hybrid user documentation for a step-by-step guide on how to use the engine for your own game or App.
Copyright 2017 Robosoft Games